Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Expanded detail writing, or Why did the Gingerbread man cross the road?

We're working on expanding details in all grades. This is a project I did with first grade in which we worked on answering who, what, when, where, why, and how. The kids decorated a gingerbread man then wrote a story about why he (I also had a Beyonce gingerbread so, to be fair, she) ran away.
I sometimes get carried away with displays, and since I rotate through all the classes, I like to highlight which class' work I'm showcasing. Here's how I displayed the project:


Yup. It's a cookie sheet. Classy, no?

And here's a closeup of one of the projects the little darlings put together.

You read that right. Poor Kenny the gingerbread man, having outrun a fox, an owl, a bird, a cat, and some chick who wants to hang him on a wall, meets his demise when he's gobbled by a dog. "Yum!" yelled the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment