Thursday, January 5, 2012

I might need a Pintervention

I've been bitten by the Pinterest bug. I'm so afraid something AWESOME will get posted and I'll miss it, that I'm on that site constantly. I've reorganized my board twice (I've lost count) because I had so much stuff saved on there, I needed more folders to keep it all straight. You get the idea - I'm addicted.
Now, a disclaimer: I am not a blogger. My life is not exciting enough for a blog. And after 20 years in the newspaper industry, the thought of having, on a regular basis, to put together a story about something I've done - well, that doesn't excite me much. But to post a picture on Pinterest, it seems one has to have a blog. So this is it.
Another disclaimer: It IS NOT going to be fancy. If that's what you're looking for, close my blog and go to one of the gazillions of others that are WAY more colorful, with all the bells and whistles. This is really just a spot for me to share some things I've done with anyone who's interested and, as an added perk, gives me somewhere to save my ideas that I've actually carried through in class.
Some of the things I'll post here, if you've been "pinning" much at all, you'll recognize. I've found projects on Pinterest - some are already writing projects and some I've tweaked to make into writing projects. I've tried to put my own spin on the projects. Some I've had to create templates for that the kids use to do their writing. Some projects are things I've come up with for my class.
I teach kindergarten through fifth-grade writing on a rotation - meaning a class from each grade level comes to me for a week, the following week they go to another specials class and come back to me 6 weeks later.
Thanks for visiting! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment