Friday, February 3, 2012

T my name is teacher

My kindergarten cherubs are working on recognizing letter sounds, and I found an alliteration project on Pinterest (of course) and worked up a template for them to do some writing. There's a blank for them to glue their letter that I'd pre-cut out of construction paper, ________, my name is ___________ and I like ___________.
First we read A My Name is Alice by Jane Bayer (well, first I used our new handy-dandy super die cut machine to cut out the first letter of the first names of the kids in all sorts of colors so they could pick but I digress). I modeled using my name and asked the kids to think of the first letter of their first name and then something they liked that began with that same letter. My Juans and Julios were even up for the challenge.
Here's the result.

And a closeup, Natalietatiana likes number nines.


No comments:

Post a Comment